No, this is not a film review, but rather a personal review on my outlook for next year. Between watching movies and running around the workplace, I never sit down to think about what I’ve accomplished this year. Well, I won’t bore you with all that. Instead I wanna touch on the things (and projects) that I’m mentally preparing for in the new year. I think it’s only normal, healthy even, to join the resolution movement and prepare our minds into taking on new tasks and responsibilities to keep growing as an individual. The struggle is real for such a humble, quiet person as myself. So I’ve compiled a list of things I wanna reach while blossoming into a more social soul.
- Begin Scrapbooking. For as long as I can remember, I’ve always struggled with organization. I think taking on a crafty hobby will let me express my way of designing something. The idea was always a muse to me. I’m so ready to just buy a load of supplies and get started. I’m now 20 years old, and I wanna use 2015 as the year I begin highlighting my twenties and the years to follow. So many ideas are sprouting as I now truly feel like an adult, and I wanna use all the resources available to me to do them in an artsy way.
- Strive for Advancement Everywhere. As I’m trying to branch out in careers, I intend on doing any job the best I can. Think about it: the possibilities are endless the moment you decide to put your all into everything you do. Life’s too short to not put yourself out there everyday. Whether it’s going out to more social events, or simply reaching out to people in your online community, you gotta put yourself out there. All I’m saying is that I want to look back and say that I did the best I could while I was stuck in this place. Had as much fun as I could while I was stuck in this place. And yes, I’m quoting Dawson from Linklater’s Dazed and Confused. Honestly, who doesn’t feel touched by that movie?…Exactly.
Keep on Being a Tea Enthusiast. If you know me, you know I drink hot tea at least three times a day. You know how you go through a menu at a restaurant, just searching for the usual and you find a new entree so mouthwatering you just gotta have it? That’s typically me when I’m trying to buy my usual green tea. I always find some weird, exotic herbal teas that are honestly out of my price range, but I really don’t care. My family is South American, so we always drink a hot tea called matè. It’s a tradition from the little country of Uruguay. We drink the tea usually in a social environment with friends and family, so it’s become something comforting to me now. I look forward to continue the personal hunt for the most tasteful teas!
- Eat Mindfully. I would love to eat all the shrimp tacos in the world (or until I faint), but sadly, the body wouldn’t take too kindly to such an excess amount of good ass food. I don’t eat junk food often at all. You can usually catch me fillin up on too much hot sauce, pita chips, and salad dressings. I know weight loss resolutions are everywhere. “New year, new me!” Right??? Well, sort of. I don’t want to focus on weight loss. I wanna focus on eating better in portion size. Just to help my mind feel better on my body. Whatever loss of pounds that follow will be just a bonus reward!
Read More Books. I’m notorious for reading some books and stopping halfway. This normally goes for autobiographies and UFO study books. I’m currently reading Choke by Chuck Palahniuk. Good so far! My boyfriend bought me Palahniuk’s new novel, Beautiful You, which I am Dying. To. Begin. Reading. Reading honestly makes me feel so much smarter than I think I am. It’s pure bliss to get lost in someone else’s writing, anyways. I vow to read five to eight books next year. (That’s a lot for me, so let’s be supportive.) Fingers crossed.
- Attend More Concerts. From Springsteen to Tom Petty, this year in concerts was magical for me. Back in February, I started off the year with a concert that would mean the most to me. My favorite band… Kings of Leon. The Mechanical Bull Tour was amazing. Looking back on the thrill and the friends that were by my side there, I’ll never forget it. Good music, good atmosphere, good people. So I’m gonna try to exceed 2014’s concert count! Ring in the band merch and loss of money towards tickets. Rock on.
- Break Some Rules. We’re all a little crazy. Sometimes I think there’s room for some rule bending in life. Especially when we’re young. I would hate to take myself so seriously. I wanna build the courage to get out of my comfort zone and do something risky. Who knows, maybe one of those risks will land me something sweet in life.
- Write a Screenplay. There’s the big one. I’m a lover of films and writing. Why not mash up the two and see what I can create? Some nights I lay in bed and think up scenarios: tone, conflicts, emotions, sound, the whole thing. The idea of creating my own storyline just excites me so much. Being that I’m a natural born procrastinator and lazy bum, I find the goal very intimidating. I’d be a fool not to try something like it though! I’m gonna take a shot at it and try. Maybe dabble with some screenwriting workshops and download some podcasts. I think this would be the hardest goal for me to hit.
- You Just Gotta Keep Livin, Man. L-I-V-I-N.
Whether I make all these possible is up to me. I always wonder exactly what others are wanting to accomplish. What is everyone’s muse? Are we similar? Listening to Arcade Fire right now has me feeling very optimistic for everyone’s goals, and my own. I would really love to hear your goals or thoughts for the new year that is upon us. If you’ve blogged about one, please direct me to the link! I love when fellow bloggers get in touch with me. To those celebrating today, have a drink, or two, or six!