Okay, so it turns out I got nominated for something! (Crazy, I know.) I apologize to the bloggers for not responding sooner. With school starting today and stuff, life just gets in the way. But here I am, alive and well. Ready to take on tonight’s blogging hours. I appreciate Lily (Lily’s Speculation) for nominating me and a few others, and keeping this cute little acknowledgement going. 🙂 I’m gonna go ahead and start these responses!
1. When did you start blogging?
January of 2014 !!
2. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging when it was required for my electronic media class last winter. I’m a Journalism major, the class was fun, the teacher was unforgettable, and the blogging was addictive. Of course I saw it as a required duty and not a hobby. Little did I know, I was becoming addicted to this drug called WordPress! I took a break that summer, but as soon as the hot weather left, the chilly, cozy, indoor days of blogging came hard. I love what blogging has become to me. I’m on here almost everyday now. Gaining followers and tons of hits daily! The support is great, and I love the community and expressing myself now!
3. What is your favorite topic to blog about?
Movies, movies, and movies!
4. What goals do you have for your blog?
To think long and hard about purchasing a domain this year (at least I’ll feel official) , and continue to voice my thoughts on films to others while gaining a bigger audience.
5. What are 3 of your favorite blogs to read and why?
- Films and Coke because she is to the point, so very nice, and very expressive! Her blog’s a joy.
- Film Grimoire because it’s all things cinema and the way she writes makes me happy.
- Finding My Inner Zen because who couldn’t relate to her?! Such awesome use of words and phrases to explain her life.
6. What are your favorite pastimes?
Blogging, reading Chuck Palahniuk books, ,BLOGGING, running, spending time with family,
blogging, and watching New Girl. I’d really love to take up scrapbooking though. (That’s on my NY Resolution!)
7. What short-term and long-term goals do you have?
Short term- to finally move into an apartment this fall with my beautiful and loving boyfriend
Long term- to finish up my associates degree and always seek to improve my writing skills
8. What writer or publication (magazine, book, CD etc) would you say your style of writing models?
I want to say I have the writing style that you’d typically see in an issue of Cosmopolitan. I don’t take my writing too seriously but I like to be expressive and have fun with it! Hope you get the gist of it.
9. What do you do when you want to write, but lack inspiration?
When I lack inspiration, I usually turn to indie rock. Nice smooth chill music to relax my thoughts, and it honestly works. Get yourself to a happy ass mood, and your greatest thoughts will come through. It makes writing a heck of a lot easier!
10. If you could go anywhere in the world and do anything what would it be?
Honestly there are so many places and things I wanna do, but I would pretty much just want to go on an adventure with my man. Even if it’s just to the Smoky Mountains a few hours away, any reason to drive away from here is just bliss to me. 🙂
Now I feel like I’ve introduced myself to the class, haha. But there ya go, folks. The rules are to answer the questions, pick seven bloggers up for nomination, and ask them your own made up questions! Well, my bloggers are:
- Film Grimoire
- Finding My Inner Zen
- Films and Coke
- The Sweet Files
- Aishwarya Chakraborty
- The Tezzy Files
- High Hopes
And here are my weird questions…
- Why did you start your blog and what do you hope readers will take from it?
- What is your all time favorite movie and why?
- What’s a blog that you recently started following and what are they all about?
- Coke or Pepsi? (This is critical.)
- What’s the most marvellous thing you have ever seen with your own eyes?
- What’s the best advice you’ve ever received?
- What’s your ideal perfect day?
- What are your aspirations in life?
- If you wrote a book in your life what would the title and topic be?
- What would you tell your future self?